Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Project 3 Reflection

I originally built this box as a space to invite people into but as time went on, it  became clear that the box was only for me. The zippers are small, making it hard to get in and out of the box. I’ve used this box as my personal heaven for late nights at school and have found an extreme comfort in staying in this small, secluded space. I would like to increase the amount of objects that live outside the box and enhance the interaction between the outside and inside of the box. I plan on bringing this box outside and setting it in random public places, living it it until I feel (or the law feels) it’s time for me to move on to a new space. I see this as a draw from Marina Abromic’s Rythym Zero and Yoko Ono’s Cut Piece. In my case, I am adding playful objects to the outside and I am in a crate. People won’t be able to see me unless they look closely. I’m interested in how the audience will interact with the boundary of an animal-like shipping crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment