Monday, November 2, 2015

Project Process Documentation 2

After group meetings with classmates and individual talks the project changed from the connection between surface and object, to my process with creating in general.
Focusing specifically on my preplanning / drawing of images for a final work.

I then decided on creating spontaneous drawings of random passages from the poems of Ezra Pound. This would be a way to create images without preplanning while also using a randomized source.

I chose the poems of Ezra Pound on account of him being one of Francis Bacons cited influences. A artist who's process I greatly admire.

When finished, I was unhappy with the assignments result since I saw them as illustrations. I also felt that the process of making them was unsuccessful for the direction I was trying to achieve. Everything still looked like how I imagined it. Without unexpected elements.




No comments:

Post a Comment